Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation Vote
VOTER INFORMATION PACKAGE – Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation
To view, print or download the Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation Voters package please review the documents on this page:
- Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation Ratification Notice of Vote
- Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation Ratification Notice of Vote Letter
- Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis – Final
- Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis – Summary
- Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis Individual Agreement – Final
- Summary of Individual Agreement
- Peguis First Nation Community Ratification Process
- Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management – Executive Summary
TAKE NOTICE that a Ratification Vote shall be held in accordance with the Peguis First Nation Community Ratification Process in order to determine if Eligible Voters approve the Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation and and the Individual Agreement. The Land Code and Individual Agreement shall be approved if a majority of participating Eligible Voters vote to approve them.
The Ratification Vote will include:
- Electronic Voting from April 20, 2023 to April 27, 2023 (advance polls will be online only).
- Mail-in-Voting from March 28, 2023 to April 27, 2023 (Ballots MUST BE received by APRIL 27).
- In-person Voting in Peguis, Winnipeg, and Selkirk, on the Official Voting Day of April 27, 2023.
DO YOU APPROVE THE TREATY ONE JOINT RESERVE LAND CODE FOR PEGUIS FIRST NATION, DATED FOR REFERENCE AUGUST 8, 2022; AND
THE INDIVIDUAL AGREEMENT WITH HIS MAJESTY THE KING IN RIGHT OF CANADA RESPECTING THE TREATY ONE JOINT RESERVE LAND?
YES OR NO
Vote online from April 20, 2023 to April 27, 2023. Peguis First Nation Eligible Voters can vote online to make it easy to record their vote for the Treaty One Joint Reserve Land Code for Peguis First Nation. It takes only 2-3 minutes to complete your electronic voting process!
STEP-BY–STEP VOTING INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Visit the OneFeather landing page at https://www.onefeather.ca/ to register with OneFeather and to initiate the electronic voting process.
STEP 2: Have your 10 Digit Status Card Number (Registry Number), Date of Birth, and Personal Email ready. Click the red Register to Vote Button – enter your Registry Number and Date of Birth then click the red Register button.
STEP 3: Update your contact information and enter your personal email address – double check your email address to make sure it is correct then click the red Register button.
STEP 4: Watch your email…you will be sent an email with a confirmation link – click the verification link to confirm and activate your eligibility to vote electronically. (If you do not see the email within 5 minutes – check your junk email folder).
STEP 5: Watch your email for a second email following immediately from OneFeather. This email will have your PIN (unique personal identification number) and a secure link to the voting event. Write down your PIN (always lower case) Click the link in the email to Vote!
STEP 6: Read the instruction pages – click Next when ready to proceed.
STEP 7: Complete your identity verification – enter your PIN, Registry Number and Date of Birth. Confirm that you want to vote electronically – check the box! Click the red Verify My Identity box.
STEP 8: Follow the voting instructions and make your Vote!
STEP 9: Confirm your Vote.
STEP 10: Share your voting experience and encourage other Members to vote.
For help with the online vote please contact Loretta J Pete Lambert at:
Phone: 1-306-952-1318 or 1-306-343-7383 (PETE) Fax: 1-877-339-7781 Cell: 1-306-227-3373 Email: Loretta@PeteLambert.ca
Asimakansikan Askiy First Nation 140-203 Packham Avenue Saskatoon SK S7N 4K5
MAIL-IN VOTING: March 28, 2023 to April 27, 2023
MAIL-IN VOTING: March 28, 2023 to April 27, 2023
To vote by mail-in ballot, you will need to complete the form on your Registration and Identification envelope, which is included the package you receive in the mail. Your ballot must be sent in the pre-addressed envelope addressed to Loretta Pete Lambert, Ratification Officer and must be received by April 27, 2023. To cast a Mail in Ballot, you must:
- Mark the ballot by placing a cross (“X”) in the box marked “YES” or in the box marked “NO”.
- Enclose and seal the ballot in the secrecy envelope.
- Enclose and seal the secrecy envelope in the registration envelope.
- Complete and sign the registration envelope in the presences of a witness, who is at least 18 years of age. The witness will sign registration verifying your signature.
- Enclose and seal the registration envelope in the mailing envelope (pre-addressed envelope).
- Mail or deliver the sealed mailing envelope to the Ratification Officer (address above). NOTE: The Ratification Officer will check your registration form when your mail-in ballot is received and may contact you if it is not complete. Your secrecy envelope will be deposited in a ballot box and opened separately from your registration envelope; your vote will remain a secret.
IN-PERSON VOTING: Official Voting Day April 27, 2023
Please go to the voting station nearest you on the dates outlined below.
APRIL 27, 2023 9:00 am - 8:00 pm PEGUIS FIRST NATION, MB Peguis Community Hall
APRIL 27, 2023 9:00 am - 6:00 pm WINNIPEG, MB 2nd Floor Common Boardroom 1075 Portage Avenue
APRIL 27, 2023 9:00 am - 8:00 pm SELKIRK, MB Selkirk Legion Branch 42 403 Eveline Street
Electronic and paper copies of the Background Documents, Ratification Documents, and Ratification Process can be requested by all eligible voters. All information is available online at treaty1.ca, peguisfirstnation.ca, or OneFeather.ca; and from the Peguis First Nation Administration Office Front Desk, Peguis, MB, or from the Treaty One Development Corporation office at 103-1075 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that all eligible Peguis First Nation voters 18 years of age or older on the day of the Ratification Vote are eligible to vote, PROVIDED THAT SUCH MEMBERS COMPLETE A VOTER DECLARATION FORM OR COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC VOTING PROCESS. Voter declaration forms are available from the community website, Treaty One website or Loretta J Pete Lambert, Ratification Officer at the address and telephone number appearing below
PLEASE NOTE: All Eligible Voters shall receive instructions on how to obtain a Mail-in Ballot package and instructions on how to vote electronically. If an Eligible Voter would like to vote by Mail-in Ballot, please contact the Ratification Officer for a mail-in package. Eligible Voters who wish to vote in person may attend the polls on Voting Days.
For more information please contact: Loretta Pete Lambert, Ratification Officer Phone: 1-306-952-1318 or 1-306-343-7383 (PETE) Fax: 1-877-339-7781 Cell: 1-306-227-3373 Email: Loretta@PeteLambert.ca
140-203 Packham Avenue Saskatoon SK S7N 4K5
This event has been cancelled.
Contact Your Electoral Officer
For more information or assistance regarding this event, contact the electoral officer here.
Loretta Pete Lambert